Friday 5 July 2013

Reached by Allie Condie

Date Finished: 21 December 2012

Series: Matched, #3

Rating: 4*


**spoiler alert**


I have to admit, I was extremely annoyed with Ally Condie after the second book in this series, Crossed. So annoyed, in fact, that I still refuse to review it. It was a waste of a book, and almost bored me to death. For this reason, I put off reading Reached for as long as I possibly could, and then, when I had absolutely nothing else to read, I came to the conclusion that I should at least get it from the library, and not waste my money on it like I wasted $12,00 on Crossed.

I should have just bought the stupid book.

I loved it. It was amazing, and I don't know how I'm going to survive without owning it so that I can read it over and over again and cry and laugh and just disappear into Cassia's world. This is a series I'm going to force my children to read one day. Along with The Hunger Games. Because you never know, the Society or Capitol might take over one day, and then they wouldn't know what to do. 

I'd forgotten exactly how much I love this series after reading Crossed. All of my friends think I'm a complete douche-bag, just because I think that it was the most romantic thing on Earth that Cassia and Ky were supposed to be Matched, but they couldn't because he was an Aberration, but he's been in love with her forever. I love the way he wrote her poetry, and told her all of his secrets, and taught her how to write, even though she could have betrayed him to the Society at any point in time. Reached helped me to fall in love with this series all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment