Friday 5 July 2013

Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

Date Finished: 22 December 2012

Series: Birthmarked, #1

Rating: 2*


Read the Goodreads description here 


I really thought this book would be interesting and exciting. It wasn't BAD, so to speak. I mean, it had potential, and I tried to like it, I really did. I just... couldn't. The storyline on the whole was interesting and a bit different, but there wasn't anything gripping about it.

I guess the thing that really irritated me throughout the book was the characters. They were flat and boring, and i couldn't relate to them at all. To me they didn't display any real emotion or feeling, just like they were going through the motions. I don't know.

Sorry to any of you who did actually enjoy this book. I know how much I hate it when somebody just keeps going on and on about how much they hated my favourite book. I guess I just didn't really get it or connect with it. Maybe one day I'll be able to pick up this book again and re-read it with an open mind, and then I'll enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment