Friday 5 July 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

Date finished: 18 April 2013

Series: Caster Chronicles, #1

Rating: 5*



This book took my breath away. Sorry to be so clichéd, but it really did. It was beautiful. I lost myself in the storyline. It was original, and deep, and incredible. It was edgy and different, and I loved it. 

I couldn’t believe that this was the authors’ debut novel. It was so incredibly well written. The characters were fabulous, and I loved how, for once, the girl was a supernatural being, and she was the knight in shining armor (well, sort of. Ethan was Lena’s knight for most of the novel). I was also constantly wondering 'Light or Dark' for the whole of the novel. As soon as I thought Lena would go Dark, something else popped up and then I was like: “Nooooooo… She HAS to go Light!” And then the ending was just perfect. Perfect perfect perfect. I can’t believe they came up with that. I would never have guessed it, but it kept me happy and made me feel all warm and fluffy inside. 

I can’t wait to see the movie now. Obviously it could never be as good as the book, but a girl can dream… I also seriously need to get me some of those Castor powers. There are a couple of people I know who I’d just loooove to get revenge on by magically scribbling on their faces with a Sharpie…

No comments:

Post a Comment