Tuesday 20 August 2013

Excuse me while I fangirl for a moment...

Oh. Sweet. Holy. Alien. Babies.

IT HAS ARRIVED.



Finally. FINALLY. It's here. I can't breathe. And this is even my very own copy (in case you couldn't tell by the slightly blurry picture with a background of my gorgeous mustard-coloured carpet.)

I AM HOLDING THE EPIC FINALE TO THE AWAKEN SERIES IN MY HAND LIKE IS THIS REAL LIFE I'M SO EXCITED MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

But really. I'm legitimately holding it in my hand RIGHT NOW. I'm too scared to let it go in case it vanishes into thin air, so at the moment I'm typing with one hand, which is proving to be excruciatingly difficult.

IT'S HERE. I genuinely can't believe it. I have waited so incredibly long for this.

Just one of the perks of living in a developing country that apparently is seemingly non-existent to the rest of the world: books are released here about three months later than they are released in the USA. And Amazon doesn't let us order them early, either. In other words, I had a massive fangirl moment when Meg Cabot was tweeting that it was released in the USA, but when I checked my kindle, it said that the release date for South Africa was September. SEPTEMBER. I nearly died.

But it's here. Early. Thank goodness. I was just minding my own business, browsing in Exclusive Books, when - "OH. MY. WORD. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" - cue massive squealing session, causing not one but many people to stare at me, followed by me excitedly running to my father and stating that we were not leaving until I had the receipt for the book in my hand, and a pristine copy tucked safely under my arm.

Why am I so cool?

But anyway, now I can go read it, and YES I KNOW IT WAS NOT ON MY HOLIDAY READING LIST BUT GO AWAY I AM READING IT ANYWAY EVER HEARD OF LIVING LIFE ON THE EDGE WELL THIS IS MY YOLO MOMENT STOP JUDGING ME.


Please excuse my fangirl session - these doesn't really happen THAT often - and I apologise for my seemingly-delinquent usage of Caps Lock, but believe me, it was necessary for expressing my true emotion about this moment.


Feel free to comment and SUBSCRIBE!

No comments:

Post a Comment