Monday 6 May 2013

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin - Review

Date Finished: 13 April 2013

Series: A Song of Ice and Fire, #1

Rating: 5*


Amazing. It was amazing. Amazing storyline, amazingly written, amazing characters… There are no words to describe fully how I feel about this book.

All it took was one page, and I was stuck inside the story. I absolutely couldn’t put it down. I loved how complex the storyline was, and how all of the different characters and their stories slowly started to come together throughout the book. The detail and care taken to write this series must have been phenomenal.

I feel as though I know each an every character personally. It’s not often that I put a book down and remember each and every one of the characters’ names, and then almost everything about them. They were so realistic, even though it’s set in a completely fictional world. And I loved how each character had their flaws; it’s so annoying when the ‘hero’ is perfect. And every character had its own importance in the novel. There was no one specific main character, and no specific hero. But there were villains. And those villains did their jobs reeeeaaaallly well…

I thought I would struggle throughout the book, because it’s huge. It’s like what, 800 or so pages? But wow. Before I knew it, it was over, and I’m still recovering from reading it. I have to read the next one and I have to read it soon.

"When you play a game of thrones, you either win or you die."

No comments:

Post a Comment