Thursday 31 October 2013

The Nerd List: October 2013


This is my list of things I’ve been obsessing over for the month of October!

Oh, and happy Halloween to everyone. Here’s to hoping you all get fat from the sweets you eat if you’re going trick or treating while I’m sitting here studying for exams. Or avoiding studying. Depending on what you view blogging as…


Books


Books I’ve read this month:    

Book of the month


This is tough. I loved The Falconer, Madame Tussaud and The Ocean at the End of the Lane all so much, and gave each of them five stars. They were all so different, and I highly recommend all of them, but I’ll have to say that The Falconer was probably my favourite. Everything about it was excellent; I highly recommend it to everybody who loved The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and/or Poison Study by Maria Snyder.

Book Quote of the month


"A story only matters, I suspect, to the extent that the people in the story change."
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Neil Gaiman

Book Boy of the month


I’ve got to say that I have a lot of respect for Henry from Madame Tussaud. He was so sweet and kind, and when he finally fell in love with Marie he was understanding and patient. Then, **spoiler alert** when he decided to move to England, and Marie wouldn't come with him because of her work, he accepted it, and told her that he would wait for her. And he did. He waited like fifteen years for her, and was still in love with her, and still prepared to go to the ends of the earth to make her happy. He was so cute.

Moments


Fangirl moment of the month


This month has been a bit of a non-event. I haven't really freaked out about much, except when Avril Lavigne's new song featuring Chad Kroeger came out. And then I had a pretty big fangirl session when Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth came out… But then my Kindle crashed, so I couldn’t read it. Which brings me onto my next point:

Facepalm moment of the month


My Kindle crashed. Like, it legitimately won’t even turn on. I cried. And then I tried to fix it. And failed. So I can’t read on my own Kindle - only my dad’s, which is the ghetto old version that’s about twice the size of mine and feels weird. Plus he’s about as pedantic about his Kindle as I am, so I probably won’t be able to borrow it. Hmph.

Music


Song of the month


Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger did a collaboration on one of the new songs for her album. It’s called Let Me Go, and I nearly died when I heard it. I think I broke the replay button on YouTube because I listened to it so much.

Let me just add that they are two of my favourite artists ever. And when they have angelic-looking badass children who produce the most amazing music on the face of this earth, I will die in peace.

Song Lyric of the Month


"And since your history of silence won't do you any good, did you think it would? Let your words be anything but empty. Why don't you tell them the truth?"
- Brave, Sarah Bareilles


Other


Movie of the month


I just watched The Big Wedding, and it was hilarious. I love it when a whole bunch of famous actors and actresses get together to do a really light-hearted, feel-good movie that leaves you feeling happy and fuzzy after it's over.


Tweet of the month


"I'm like 90% sure I saw a werewolf tonight...or maybe it was just Professor Lupin out for a late-night stroll in the woods?"

No comments:

Post a Comment