Tuesday 9 April 2013

Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

Date Finished: 13 April 2012

Series: Hush Hush, #1

Rating: 5*


Even writing about this book gets me hyperventilating...

I love it love it love it. The entire series. If I could take three books to a desert island, this would be one of them (don't ask me what the other ones would be, I love all my children equally... most of them). I love everything about it. The characters, the storyline, the romance, the sexy angel...

Okay, so maybe, maybe, the only reason I picked up this book was because Drew Doyon was on the front (not that I knew who he was at the time... but now I do... and so do all of my friends...) and because it had been recommended to me so many times on Kindle. To be honest, if I hadn't seen it in the library one rainy day and thought, "Eh, what the hell," and taken it out just for the sake of having something, ANYTHING, to read, I never would have looked twice at it. But I'm so glad I did.

Patch and Nora are just perfect. Nora's so relatable and Patch is just so... amazing. Best angel ever. Becca Fitzpatrick made me fall in love with both of them from the very first page. The storyline is incredible; I couldn't put the book down and probably pissed off several members of my family by reading it non-stop, finishing it in a day, and then forcing them to let me download the next two on Kindle immediately. I think my Kindle actually got banned at some point because my dad claimed I was being "unsociable" and "rude, not to mention "wasting money" by not reading any of the other books I got from the library. But it was worth it.

This book is incredible. I actually forced my parents to buy me my own copy for Christmas last year just so I could re-read it over and over again without the old ladies who work at the library looking at me funny (not that they already do, I'm there practically every second week, and I'm like, the ONLY teenager who's been there since the 16th century...). Hush Hush was the first book I fell in love with after the Hunger Games, and it will be a book that I force my children to read someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment