Monday 16 September 2013

Nickelback Touring South Africa in December!



OH SWEET HOLY ROCK N ROLL ALIEN BABIES EVERYWHERE.

I know that I've been using a lot of capitalisation, exclamation points and expressions such as the one above recently, but I believe that this sort of requires it, seeing as I don't think I've ever been this excited in my entire life.

Yes. I know. Not even when Awaken came out. Not even when the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones film came out. Not even - dare I say it - when I went to go and see The Hunger Games at the cinema.

I'll try not to rape the Caps Lock key.

Nickelback is touring South Africa in December! NICKELBACK. TOURING. SOUTH AFRICA.I literally never thought I'd use all those words in a sentence, except if I said: "Nickelback was touring South Africa in 2008 and I wasn't allowed to go because I was like eleven and 'too young.'" Pfft... "too young." Too young to appreciate the my absolute favourite band in the history of ever? I don't think so.

But you know what the best part it? I LIVE IN SOUTH AFRICA! Yes, ME! I can finally go see them! In the flesh! And hear them LIVE! I think I might just implode. 


There is only one thing that can get me even more excited than books can, and that is music. And there are only a couple of musicians/bands I will spend my money on to see live, two of them being Avril Lavigne and Nickelback. And Avril Lavigne is getting married to Chad Kroeger (from Nickelback) so she might be here as well. Two of my favourite singers ever. In my country. One of them performing live. *Cue squeals of delight.*

But seriously. Tickets go on sale on Friday. I will not miss this opportunity. If I do... No. I won't. I can't. 

Now I just have to convince my parents to let me miss school on Friday to sit in a line for about forty-eight hours from about four in the morning to book tickets to see a band that is not the most Christian-like perform live. Not to mention that the majority of their fans are not anything like Justin Bieber fans. Although I hear some of those concerts get pretty violent, what with Bieber throwing his shirt into a crowd of crazy, screaming girls and all.

But seriously, wish me luck.

If you also live in sunny SA, and are a die-hard Nickelback fan like me, read more about the tour here.

No comments:

Post a Comment