Tuesday 12 August 2014

Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Date finished: 11 August 2014
Rating: 5*
Series: The Lux Series, #5



I think the only fitting thing that can be said here is: Oh sweet holy alien babies everywhere.

For anybody who reads absolutely any of my blogs or reviews, you will know quite well by now that I absolutely adore Jennifer L. Armentrout’s Lux series. I worship the characters, the plot, and most especially the tiny snippets of book-nerd-ness that slip into Katy’s personality every once in a while. There’s something for everybody and anybody to be able to relate to in the series, with the possible exception of, you know, living next door to and marrying an alien. If anybody has experienced that, please contact me. I need to know if there’s hope.

Opposition was the perfect end to a series that stole my heart and locked it in a little steel cage somewhere in Daedalus, and then only released it to me once I opened Opposition on Kindle. I have a feeling that the only reason my heart was released was so that it could be chucked around in shark-infested waters, stomped on by Origin babies and then thrown at a wall repeatedly as the book progressed. Only once the last page had been turned did I actually physically break down into tears from the emotional Tower of Terror rollercoaster that I’d been put through. Either that, or I was just extremely physically tired from staying up until 3 a.m. to finish it.

I feel drained and depressed after finishing Opposition. It’s upsetting to think that the series that I’ve been in love with and obsessing over for a year has finally come to an end. I’ll never be able to have that same rush of excitement that overwhelms my brain on the morning of the release of a new book in the series, nor will I ever be able to experience the depth of shock and awe that cause me to bite back squeals as I read the Lux series again. Still, even more powerful than exhaustion and depression is happiness and pride that I was able to be a part of such an incredible story.

**SPOILER ALERT**


Also, Armentrout, you’d better be working on a spinoff series about Beth and Dawson’s new baby. Don’t leave us hanging. Put that phenomenal head of yours to use and give us some more, for the combined mental health state of your adoring minions.

No comments:

Post a Comment